The Black Church & HIV: The Social Justice Imperative initiative was established to form a national network of faith leaders, religious institutions, and community members committed to making change and ending the HIV epidemic in Black America. For generations, the Black Church has been a leader for change in the Black community on issues of social justice, including voting rights and employment opportunities. Now with your help, we’re applying that framework to HIV.
But the work isn’t finished, and we need your help moving Faith from awareness to engagement to ending HIV.
To share the great work you are doing in your community, and present tangible examples to others, we invite you to share your success stories with us in the form of a poster. If selected, your poster will be featured at the 2018 United States Conference on AIDS (USCA) in Orlando, FL, as well as at the USCA Faith Pre-Conference. This is a convening of people of faith, faith leaders, and people working in the HIV and AIDS response for a one-day, multi-faith discussion to develop strategies that access and strengthen the capacity of houses of worship and faith-based organizations who are engaged, or wish to engage, in efforts to end the HIV epidemic.
Your work could lead the conversation toward HIV Ministry solutions. Help us share actionable strategies by submitting your work in the form of a poster case study today.
- Select a submission category to guide your entry.
- HIV Integration Models – how you integrated HIV ministry into your current faith-based or health-based programs
- Scripture Inclusion – how you incorporated scripture when talking about HIV as a social justice issue
- HIV Awareness/Communication – how you developed materials for educating your church and communities about HIV
- Erasing Stigma – how you focused on the topic of HIV stigma and how to reverse it
- Creating a Safe Space – how you created a haven for those living with HIV within your church
- Community Organization Collaboration – how you worked with other community organizations to fill the gaps in your HIV ministry
- Government Organization Collaboration – how you worked with government entities like health departments, city councils, etc. to fill the gaps in your HIV ministry
- Craft your poster on the template here. Be sure to include your key learnings, and any relevant data to show your impact. Please do not include personal information of those you serve, and ensure all images are approved for public use. We’ve included an example to help guide your work.
- Submit your poster by July 18 to email@example.com with “Poster Submission” as the subject line.
- Poster review committee will be in touch with any clarifying questions and notice of acceptance by August 15.
If you have any questions as you consider your poster, create, or submit it, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.